Friday, March 18, 2011

Cancer and Sleeplessness


It has been 4 years since I battled cancer and I still have sleepless nights.

Nights of subconscious worry. Lonely nights curled up in bed wondering if cancer will come back, or if I will - hopefully - remain cancer free.

Is my life just passing by, one day at a time until the cancer comes back and destroys another chunk of my body?

Maybe it will show up somewhere different this time.

Am I eating good enough?

Do I need to make more time in my schedule to exercise more regularly?

Do I need to knock more things out of my diet?

Do I need to take more vitamin supplements?

As I lay here, wrapped around my stuffed tiger desperately seeking slumber, thoughts of cancer growing inside of me, raveshing everything in its path, flood my mind.

Nothing ever seems to release these thoughts and feelings out of my head for very long.......

No comments: