Wednesday, August 6, 2014

One Step Closer to a Cancer Free life

Today I am PROUD to be:

TAMOXIFEN FREE !!


After 5 years of being of being on it, and experiencing all the problems that I have been, I can finally see if all these problems have been the result of being on Tamoxifen.

I had the liver biopsy and it came back negative for cancer or any other disease. I told them at RPCI that I would rather stop taking the Tamoxifen, even if it meant that my cancer could come back, than to have to continue on taking it and risk having continued elevated liver enzymes and possibly have to start dialysis or need a Liver Transplant down the road.

It is MY body and I have the right to make my own decisions on what I want to do with it. 5 Years was enough and my tumor was so small that my Dr isn't worried about reoccurrence. She should know whether it is good to take me off it or not. Obviously if she isn't worried, I shouldn't be. 

Now we can get to the bottom of this elevated liver enzymes business and see where it is all coming from.......

No comments: