Saturday, November 23, 2013



OK, so why did I jinx myself by saying, "what's next?" Yesterday I went to the Dr to get the results of a routine, yearly, blood test and she told me that my liver levels are sky high and that it might be a side effect of Tamoxifen - the pill I have been taking for almost 3 years to keep my breast cancer from coming back. Well shit, if the Tamoxifen is going to cause me to end up on dialysis and need a liver transplant - PLEASE, by all means, they can take me off of it!!! It could also be caused by Hepititis B or C, but I am not a drug addict and haven't had any sexual contact with one either. I did have a tattoo done last June, but the needle was new and sterile. I watched him put it on the device he uses to ink the tattoo. Also she told me that I am borderline diabetic because of weight gain, which could also be caused by the tamoxifen. 
JESUS - for something that is suppose to be helping me, it sure does seem to be doing a lot of destruction to my body!!!! 
Im not sure how much more I care to go through with taking this pill. If my cancer is going to come back, its going to come back anyway. Now that I think of it, my pap smears have all been coming back abnormal since I had cancer too. 
Could this be a cause for the constant infections? For some reason I have had some sort of infection, abnormal blood test, abnormal pap smear, or something else freaky happening with my body since I had cancer. I was once a healthy, thin, active person that was rarely sick and barely ever even got a cold or flu, I can't say that anymore. Is it because Im getting older or because I had cancer that has caused such a drastic change in my health? 
Anyway, I requested that I have a full Hepititis Panel of blood work done, and I made an appointment with my GYN to have another pap smear and talk to him about having a hysterectomy. My physician informed me that the risk of getting cancer of the uterus is higher while taking Tamoxifen and that if my pap smears keep coming back abnormal, I really should have a hysterectomy so that I wasn't even taking the chance of getting a different kind of cancer. Why my GYN does a biopsy of the uterus it always comes back normal.
Not sure what the hell is going on, but I am determined to get to the bottom of it all!!! 
I want my normal, before cancer, life back!!

No comments: