Tuesday, September 3, 2013

All About A Colonoscopy

OK, so I had the colonoscopy.
They found 2 polyps but said my colon was tumor free.
The worst part was the preparation - I had to drink so much liquid and to make it worse, the Miralax makes you feel like you are going to throw up.
But can I say that I was not completely put under anesthesia and watching them search my colon on a tv screen was actually interesting and pretty cool to watch. It wasn't painful at all, actually didn't feel a thing.
Needless-to-say I'm sure my colon was completely empty by the time the next day came and I was starving by the time I went home.

This is a photo of where a Surgical Intern TRIED to put an IV into the back of my hand.
First of all, it hurts like hell to have an IV put in there to begin with.
Secondly, he went so slow that I almost grabbed the needle and did it for him.
Lastly, he went all the way through my vein and it blew my hand up!
He only got ONE shot at it.......then I requested the nurse to do it.
 

 
  This is the 2nd attempt at the IV of fluids that they kept me on through the whole procedure. The nurses name was Brandy and she was AWESOME!
 
 
 
Yes, I know that I am looking quite sexy in my hospital digs,
but at least I don't have to spend the night.
 
 
 
 They sent the polyps out to be tested for cancer and they came back benign and
cancer free!


 
TAKE THAT COLONOSCOPY!!!!
(Now we only have to figure out where the anemia is coming from.)

No comments: