Tuesday, October 5, 2010

MRI Today


OK, so today I had a routine MRI of my breasts.
FUN?!? WOW!!
But it is better to be safe than sorry.
(Here's a website of what it is: http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=breastmr )
Really tho, does the machine have to be so loud and hot in there?!?!
Oh my gosh.....its not like to hot flashes I get aren't bad enough, but I get to be stuffed into this machine, boobs down in the machine, on my stomach, and hooked up to an IV and not allowed to move for about a half hour.
Thank God I was tired. The BEST thing to do in one of these machines is sleep, that way you don't feel so claustrophobic in there. You might panic, but just remember to stay calm, breathe, and know that the more fuss you make, the longer it will take, ya know?!?!
I've been feeling great....gaining all my weight back, unfortunately, but will start working out again soon.
Ohhhh I forgot to tell you. Remember when I went off the Clinical Trial and went on to start taking Tamoxifen? Well.....what they DIDN'T tell me is that Tamoxifen can cause Uterine Cancer.


Don't you think that, since I am already a cancer survivor, they wouldn't fail to tell me this BEFORE I agreed to be put on this pill?!?! Hmmmmmmm

Thank God my Gynecologist told me about it and they are giving me a sonogram every year to keep track of the thickness of my uterus. They will take me off of it if my uterus starts to change.
Well, I will keep you posted on the results of my MRI....
Keep your fingers crossed and don't forget to check your breasts!!

No comments: